A local drug store blood pressure test indicated high readings. My doctor prescribed the DASH Diet. Within 2 weeks my blood pressure had dropped to normal.
The DASH Diet works, however, maintaining the DASH eating plan as a lifestyle can get detailed. For example, I needed a spreadsheet just to keep track of my food servings. Then there where other issues such as the application of DASH to my personal caloric needs, figuring out the serving size maze, not to mention keeping tabs on the most important nutrients like sodium and fat that impact my blood pressure on a daily basis, and much more.
So I developed MyDASHDiet so that DASH Diet users have a convenient tool to help them manage their DASH Diet eating plan effectively and conveniently. With MyDASHDiet you can:
- Apply the DASH Diet using your own specific caloric profile (All data remains private on your iPhone)
- Set your own Sodium Reduction strategy to achieve maximum blood pressure reduction benefit
- Track all your daily recommended DASH servings and keep a history of your food intake
- Utilize the simple "Quick Add" feature to add multiple servings for on-the-go tracking without entering new food
- View a daily summary of your consumed nutrition to help guide future food choices
- Monitor nutrients important to the DASH diet such as sodium and fat
- Utilize a Default Servings Library to add recommended servings for the most common foods, with a realistic nutrition facts label
- Create and manage your own library of food Servings
- Quickly modify entries for reduced or oversized servings
- Utilize resources that provide links to online nutrition lookups tools. (requires Internet)
- Track and record blood pressure readings to gauge your progress
- Enjoy the built in DASH Diet Reference to learn all about effective DASH Diet eating
- Enjoy a Quick Start guide and Video Tutorials on the 'www.freshobject.com/mydashdiet' support site
Eat Right and Lower your Blood Pressure with MyDASHDiet!
MyDASHDiet is not a replacement for professional medical treatment and/or council, but simply a tool for you to help manage the DASH diet lifestyle as directed by your doctor or as directed by the publicly available DASH diet literature at your own discretion.
We wish you the best in heart-health!
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
MyDASHDiet is a free trial software application from the Health & Nutrition subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2011-03-03. The program can be installed on iOS.
MyDASHDiet (version 1.6.2) has a file size of 2.31 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.